So if you aren’t aware Dawn and I Moved to New Orleans. We live in one of the most exciting parts of town called The Marigny (Google Maps Link) Its close to many cool things, and is an easy walk to and from the French Quarterand many other attractions. I decided to put up this page here to kinda keep track of people coming and to give a little information to anyone interested in visiting us. Below its sectioned off into various informational areas to help you have a good time.
Places to stay near us
UPDATED MAP LINK HEREwith layers and all that fancy stuff from the new google maps.
- House Across the street: This is my first pick because this is directly across from us and its pretty darn nice.
- Maison Mandeville: this is just up the street from us also and I know the owner.
- Maison Marias 1 and Maison Marias 2 are also Owned by a friend and are beautiful.
- Royal St Courtyard inn: From everyone that I have met that stayed there they were all happy about this place.
- Old Town Inn: It gets good reviews and many people come back time after time, its just north of us 2 blocks and is pretty cool lookin.
- Balcony Guest House: This is above one of the coolest restaurants around fun place and a cool atmosphere.
- Lions Inn: Another one thats super close and I haven’t heard anything bad about.
- Sunburst Inn: fancy little house just up the street.
- B and W courtyard bed and breakfast: It looks cool and probably is.
- Elysian Fields Inn: a short walk from our house, this place is almost next door to my favorite daiquiri shop.
- Noni’s in NOLA: This place is on frenchman street looking over washington square park.
- Royal Street Inn and Bar: Ive heard good things, but like most of these places I’m waiting for someone to stay there so I can report back with more info.
- The Claiborne Mansion: Another stunning looking place but I don’t know anyone who has stayed there yet.
- The Little Easy Cottage: This place looks really sweet. Its a tiny little private cottage.
- The Sweet Olive: another stunning looking place in the Marigny.
- The Burgundy: Another nice looking place not far from our house. (if you stay here ask us how to pronounce it properly)
- The Frenchman: This place is for those of you who want to wake up and be in the middle of the party. Its located on frenchman street.
- Lamothe House Hotel: this place looks pretty fantastic and it gets great reviews.
- House Across the street: This is perfect for larger groups and it is really pimped out inside.
- Maison De La Royal: I havent heard anything good or bad about this place but its close to my house.
- Engine 24 French Quarter Firehouse: While the name says french quarter its in the marigny, we walk by and always want to go inside. Its pretty awesome.
- Historic Bed and Breakfast: 6 blocks away looks nice.
Places to Eat
- The Cake Cafe: This place serves up some of the best things to eat in the neighborhood. You cant go wrong for breakfast, I recommend the homemade boudin and eggs over grits.
- The Orange Couch: Want a quick coffee, and a couple bites this is your place.
- Who Dat / Nero Cafe: This place has decent breakfast food and is pretty darn cheap.
I’m guessing you will be away from my house out on some great adventure for lunch. But in case your here because you just want to take it easy and chill on the porch or are nursing a hangover Ill make this list yummy.
- The Joint: This is my choice for real deal southern BBQ. Great for lunch and dinner, but at lunch its usually not packed.
- Acme Oyster House: Its a bit touristy, but if you want oysters check it out. Damn good, get there at 11:30am and you probably wont have to wait in line.
View Smell Circus New Orleans Guide map in a larger map
To check out whats going on have a look at our calendar page.
MORE INFO about New Orleans:
Treme – if you want to have a grasp on the diverse culture here and not be overwhelmed by the who what when where and why of the city this is a great starting point.